Thursday, September 4, 2008

I wanna be …

I have lost the count of the number of times I have started a sentence, while in a conversation, saying “I wanna be a …..”. I guess most of the dreamers would face this same problem. We keep dreaming about the most impossible things in this world. So here is the top 5 list of things I always say I want to do, in the ascending order. I wanna be …

 

A Travel Guide – All your travel expenses is taken care of. And you get to visit the most exotic places on the earth, free of cost! You could be literally on vacation throughout your life.


A restaurant Owner – It is not because I love eating so much. But just the thought of not having to work for anyone else makes me wish I would start a restaurant of my own. Why restaurant? I am sure it would work. It is one of the safest bets.


A Cricket commentator You surely know where the inspiration is from. They even started a show by the name Dream Job after him. The theory behind this is simple. Once you realize that you are not by any chance going to become a cricketer, the next best option is to be a cricket commentator. You are right there in the stadium, wherever the team travels. And you get paid for watching cricket and ranting about it. I am sure every Indian could do that!

 

A movie critic - What better job can you get in life? Get paid for watching movies and stating your opinion about them. You get to meet the people behind the movies up-close and personal. And you get to bash a movie that you don’t like in front of the whole world. I am sure Rajeev Masand could do with some competition, couldn’t he?

 

A singer – A playback singer to be precise. And of course the ultimate dream is to sing for Boss. Wouldn’t it be amazing to stand in a studio and sing out loud a tune that has just been created! The divinity that it would bring about would be truly awesome. And imagine performing the same on a stage. Where you can touch thousands of people with your song!

 

There are a thousand more to add to the list. But then, I wanna be a non-boring blogger too. The problem is that you don’t seem to find ways of getting there. Once a wanna be, always a wannabe. Unlike frost, you never tend to take the road less travelled. And hence you never reach the destination you always wish to.

 

Song for the occasion: Aankhon Main sapney liye kal se hum chal toh diye …

5 comments:

Vinz aka Vinu said...

interesting… But that’s all..i expected much more..!!

my list be a lengthy one for sure…by the way, ur dreams are not impossible things (not sure about the singing stuff..!!)..

think about the restro thing.. it can be materialized…

;)

D said...

I'd love to be a travel show host on TV. It sounds so exciting!

Vidya said...

I totally love your idea about being a travel guide! :D

Vidya

Vinod R Iyer said...

@Vinz: Can be materialized .. Ya right! ..We have been talking about this for too long dude :)

@D: Life would literally be a journey :)

@Vidya: ^^

Shreyans Mehta said...

Change that from I wanna be to I will be... not on the blog but in the thought... n enjoy the change :)