Thursday, April 17, 2008

The ride ..

The ride was lonely and the road, crowded
I kept thinking about the roads traveled.
Thousand thoughts at a time in my brain was loaded
I wanted to break free, but my brain rebelled.

Should I run, should I stand
Would I fly, would I move
Should I stay still and let time give me a hand.
Would I still mull over the points to prove.

A life full of problems, a heart full of woes
The world seems to be drowned in them.
All one wants is a life with bed full of rose
A life like a song full of rhythm.

The road got busier and all were fleeing
For they had to reach their end-point
All are blind and still they are seeing
An old man begging, screaming, trying to make his own point.

I rode past him, but my mind could not
The pain in his hunger resonated in my brain
I looked at myself in the mirror and thought
Should I ask for more or should I think again.

Desperation filled in the man’s face
But nobody’s eyes seem to burn
I took a break from the life’s race
And I took a U-Turn.


Song For the occassion: Jeena isika naam hai ...

11 comments:

priya said...

That was just lovely and what u see in real world.

Pointblank said...

nice one!

Priya Iyer said...

wow! loved it! :)

Pointblank said...

Lol... m glad I have a male version!

Yup, life has no reverse gear... And so I dint think age was much of a trouble with men. Thye never grow up really, or do they?? ;))

Vinod R Iyer said...

@Priya: Thanks ..

@Pointblank: Thanks for visiting the space :)

@Priyaiyer: Thank you .

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

awesome & apt words :)

Divs said...

Very interesting... :) You should give us more of these.

But maybe this is how the world always is... its how we look at things that matters. Everything's the way you take it.

ayshwarya rajagopalan said...

as oft i think,i have none,
i she above me the mighty sun,
who shines so bright,
not thinking about the dark night!!


this is my comments for you!!!
nice piece of work!!!

ayshwarya rajagopalan said...

*see...

Saravanan said...

Hey dude,

You had visited my blog sometime back. I am not concentrating my blog to have only financial stuff. Please do visit it and give me your comments. Thanks in advance.

Engineer's Finance: http://thevoidsaran.blogspot.com/

Saravanan

Vinod R Iyer said...

@Ponnarasi: Hmm ya .. Had to put it somehow ..

@Divs: Ya .. True . But its amazing POVs change so rapidly ..

@ayshwarya: The darkness is right in front of us . We better light up and not wait for the Sun ! . Thanks for those lines ..

Saravanan: Sure..