Friday, September 7, 2007

Nothing

Yup ... This is a blog about nothing. No no. I haven’t run out of topics to write about. Nor am I opening up a notepad and typing everything that is in my Sub-Conscious mind. This is really about something that has been closely associated with my life for a while now – “Nothing”!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen. “Nothing” has emerged to be the winner, out of the whole set of words that I keep using in my day-to-day life. Lot of other words like “Pathetic”, “Boring”, “Ya right”(officially proclaimed as a word by myself), “crap”,”fuck”(oh come on!) etc etc came really close. But none of them could win over the word which is deeply rooted into my brains through persistence – “Nothing”. Lemme use them in context (like the good old English grammar days!)


Hi Vinod, Wats up? – Nothing
What r u doing these days – Nothing
You don’t have any work these days – No Nothing
What the hell do u keep thinking all the bloody while – Well, Nothing
So what did you do over the weekend – NOTHING
What plans for the weekend – Nothing special.
Sorry to hear that your onsite got cancelled. So what do you feel – Actually… Nothing!!
So what plans ahead – Nothing.
Not writing CAT this time – Nothing doing
What are you doing online all the time – Nothing (actual answer should have been reading some crap someone wrote)
So why don’t you do something worthwhile in life – There is Nothing to do.
What have you done for the past 3 years after taking up the job – Nothing important I can remember.
Any new girl in life? – Nothing .. Oops did I just say nothing ?!
Why do you keep changing your profile name on orkut – Nothing else to do, that’s why
So what are you gonna write about next – Nothing


As they say after winning the highest honors, the champion tends to loose interest in competing. (Read the previous sentence as I got bored with the word nothing) So that’s it. “Nothing” goes out of my mental dictionary for a while now. But ya, it would keep making guest appearances to facilitate some of the English usages. But I sure wouldn’t be answering a question with “nothing” being used in it.

Well .I have nothing more to say. Err .. Bad habbits die hard. Give me some time people !!!

Heard this amazing song by Linkin Park lately. And they have written it just for people like me. If you really want to let out some pressure from within just sing along with this song!The whole album rocks!!

Wake in a sweat again
Another day's been laid to waste
In my disgraceStuck in my head again
Feels like I'll never leave this place
There's no escape

I'm my own worst enemy

I've given up...
I'm sick of feeling
Is there nothing you can say?
Take this all awayI'm suffocating!
Tell me what the fuck is wrong with me!

I don't know what to take
Thought I was focused but I'm scared
I'm not prepared
I hyperventilate
Looking for help somehow somewhere
And no one cares

I'm my own worst enemy

I've given up...
I'm sick of feeling
Is there nothing you can say?
Take this all awayI'm suffocating!
Tell me what the fuck is wrong with me!

GOD!

Put me out of my misery
Put me out of my misery
Put me out of my..
Put me out of my fuckking misery!

I've given up
I'm sick of feeling
Is there nothing you can say?
Take this all away
I'm suffocating!
Tell me what the fuck isWrong with me!

14 comments:

shunyata said...

Atleast there's a break in the monotony in one end of the conversations that you're part of.

For all the single-pointed Qs I'm asked, I'm forced to deliver just one answer-The tamil equivalent of 'nothing'(given the context of the Q)...Vetti.

Sach said...

nothing more 2 say after so many nothings!
:)

Divs said...

aah its just a phase... it shall pass, as everything does!

Vinod R Iyer said...

Aishwarya: Vetti is wat vetti does :)
Thanks for dropping by

Sach: :) ..thanks for visiting

Divs: Hmm .. true .. thanks for that ! :)

_audi_ said...

y does this seem familiar :P

_audi_ said...

but don't worry...soon ur life will be 'nothing' but perfect :D

Vinod R Iyer said...

audi : Perfect ... hmm ya .. I wish :)

C R D said...

what did i just read? nothing! :P

kidding man.. that was an interesting topic

NEHA CHANDOK!!!!! said...

intrstin....nicely put up...!!!

keep up the gud wrk,,,,and yea nthing is one wrd dat can lead u to NTHIN...!!!

SHILPA MEHTA said...

Hey Vinod!....Really nice post you got here! Am being absolutely truthful when I say that till now...I've read 'Nothing' like it!! ;)

When started reading this entry...I thought you're another of those bloggers like moi...who've fallen prey to the dreaded blogstipation!!


And well...while acknowledging 'Nothing' for taking the top honours at being the most frequently used word by yourself...you've actually successfully converted 'Nothing'...really...into 'Something'!! Voila!
Think about it!! :)

Amith Chandhran said...

This post explains everything about nothing and nothing about everything. Everything and nothing is new, everything and nothing is great! Everything and nothing are so interrelated!

Nice post! I read it daily! lol!

:-)

Priya said...

nice post da...m an absolute "non-blogger" or "unblogger" or whatevr,still i luvd ths post!!!too good...cheers:-)

Cinderella said...

hi, interesting post. i liked it, since i too have nothing to do, say, think or talk about these days. m happy that there is nothing like absolutely exclusive, you think of doing one weird thing and you'll get 1000 other weirdos doing the same. Moreover, this state of nothing-ness is next to salvation. at least for me. you know, being in the world, yet good for nothing.

btw, i got ur link from amit chandran. Will be a regular visitor now, enjoy!!!

Vinod R Iyer said...

@priya: Thanks ..:)

@cinderella: Thanks for stopping by .. Ya . like u said the only comforting factor is that there are those 1000 windows too :)