Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Far far away land !!

The Shrek effect has bowled me over. I have never been a fan of comics apart from the few mallu comic books that I used to read. The maximum I would go would be a Tinkle. My fairy tale world would consist only of the mayavis and the shikar shambus. Suddenly as I was watching Shrek-3, I realized I have missed out on a lot.


The movie was not about some super powers shrek has. It is about this fairy land . Far far away land. The land consisting of Cinderella, Snow white, sleeping beauty, Rapunzel, Big Bad Wolf, the Gingerbread Man, and Pinocchio. Was an over doze for me. Imaging what it would be for the kids who follow all the comics. Also there are the villains - Captain Hook, the Wicked Queen, a Cyclops,rumpelstilskin, Headless horse man, black knights, evil dwarves and the best of all the evil magical trees. Loved the way the trees land themselves while flying to attack the land.


There was no big storyline in Shrek 3 unlike the previous two versions. But I still would like to believe that this is the best of the 3 parts that have come out. It is not only about Shrek, Fiona, Puss and Donkey. But it is more of a celebration of the land. Not to mention the amazing animations. With such impeccable precisions the characters are picturised. And the best part of the movie was showing how every villain has a softer part in him/her. The headless monster says, “ I always wanted play flute!”. May be the terrorists of the world can learn a thing or two from the movie. They also would not want to be villains for ever! And of course you can expect nothing but a happy ending to a fairy tale.


Suddenly after watching movies like Ice age, shrek I fell like I am making up for what I missed in my childhood. That one and half hours transforms you into a kid. There would be no difference between you and the 7 yr old kid sitting next you in the movie screen. Just leave the blues and blacks happening around you in the world and takes you to the Far far away land!

5 comments:

priya said...

Got to agree that we become a kid watching such good movies. I never miss good cartoon movies.

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Good observation!
I dont watch such movies... WOuld watch only when am being forced 2 by loved ones :D

Nithya Subramanian said...

Hey vinod.. that was a good review... i love shrek movies..
Thanks for visiting my blog... ur blog is very nice... keep it up :)

Bullshee said...

seems like you're having a burst of nostalgia!

Vinod R Iyer said...

Priya: I realised that a bit late !

Ponnarasi: Start watching ... U might just realise what you have been missing

Nitya: Thank you too !

bullshee: Nostomania spares no one ..