Saturday, April 7, 2007

GPL - Ab aur kya kya dekhna padega!!


Did you get to watch this new show on MTV called GPL ? This is one of the most absurd shows I have ever seen in my life. As the Indian media gets a rush of the reality shows, this show comes in as yet another trial to increase their TRPs. The concept is that two people will try and woo this guy or girl who eventually they would get to date! It is usually two guys trying to fight for a girl or two girls trying to fight for a guy. At the end the guy/girl gets to choose which person he/she wants to go out with. They call it MTV Gehre Pyar pe Laath. I would call it Reality shows ke naam pe dhabba. I am not talking in a cultural or ethical view point. But the whole idea itself is so yucky that I would consider it as a disgrace to MTV.

In the episode I saw, there were these two girls who would literally fight amongst each other like dogs do in mating season!! One girl was showing her dancing and singing skills while the other had a beach game with this guy. And I can’t see why on earth one would want to participate in such a show. I always go around saying that my life is heading nowhere. But seeing these guys, I get a big breath of relief.

MTV is supposed to represent the gen next. And if this is our gen next then god save our country.


Comments others had were:

Hiren said...

You can say that again.

Teal said...

i dont get MTV. al thanks to bloody CAS!
but i wudnt watch such a show either.. geee-sus!

s_h_r_u_t_i said...

reality shows just seem to portray reality in very unfavourable terms dont they! God save gen-next

Vinod R Iyer said...

Hiren:Yes, and it is the fact !

Teal:Thanks for dropping by my blogspace.You wouldn't watch it a second time for sure !

Shruti: Thanks for dropping by my blogspace...Not all.But most of them are turning out to be just planned things being incacted!!

Ramaa Iyer said...

Hey Vinod..Nice blog you have got here & btw we seem to share the same taste in music :)

San said...

But such programmes do work and even though they don't cater for everyones needs they do count for that small fraction who actually watches such programmes.

Vinod R Iyer said...

Ramaa: Thanks. Do we? Thts cool

San: Hmm ..may b it does. But surely is an insane idea!!

Aparna.G said...

O! so, thats what the show was abt! I saw it in mute on MTV while surfing thru blogs!

I swear, if this is on MTV, what happens to Gen next? Even if this is not what they r thinking, they wil now!! So much for progressive thoughts!

Vinod R Iyer said...

Aparna: Cant agree more. I wish my TV was on mute too :)





No comments: